We’re not sure about you, reader, but we have noticed a bit of a nip in the air recently. That’s not to say that a bit of chilly weather is anything to sneeze at! You see, when the days get shorter and chairs are pulled by the fire we have all the reason we need to whip up a certain little winter warmer: The Irish Coffee!
Before we grind the beans, though, we decided to find out exactly how to make our next Irish Coffee the best we’ve ever had and who better to ask than a Dublin Barman!
Tips for the Perfect Irish Coffee
- Heat your glass, it stops your drink from going cold!
- Make sure the sugar is well dissolved in the coffee – check the bottom of the glass for granules
- One measure of whiskey is plenty – but make it an Irish measure!
- Be gentle with the cream. A light whip is all you need to layer it on top
- Pour the cream over the back of the spoon (yes, we noticed Gareth used the front, but he’s a pro!)
- Top off with a little sprinkle of chocolate
Take a little sip and enjoy!
Oh, it’s not just Irish Coffees we know how to make. We have plenty of delicious recipes from all over Ireland.